What's it like to stay on the farm?
Somewhere to gather, play, cook, wash and simply take it easy.
There are five off-grid pods that sleep up to a family of four, each with their own private shower room and toilet just a short walk away, and full use of the shared facilities.
Your cosy camping pod
Our simple off-grid timber pods are perfect for a back-to-nature family getaway. They measure 4.8m long, 2.4m wide, and are 2.8m high inside, providing a surprising amount of space.
- Each pod sleeps up to two adults and two young children (the children’s beds are suitable up to about the age of 12)
- Plenty of under bed storage and shelving
- Like a caravan, the double bed area can turn into a large dining table
- Two magnetic rechargeable dimmable touch lights inside (but we recommend you bring a good lantern with you)
- A small fold out table
- Bedside bumpers available to ensure little ones stay tucked up in the kids’ beds (5’6″ long and about 2 foot wide)
- Double glazed window and doors
- Large decking area to the front and own picnic bench nearby
- Each pod also has a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm and fire extinguisher.
See below for pics of inside the pods.
The Camp Cookout Corner
Our Cornish Campfire Cookout Corner boasts a huge 120cm diameter barbecue firepit with four barbecue grills, dutch oven, marshmallow forks and roasting pan for some epic pitmaster-style barbecue evenings that could cater for the whole site!
With four wooden armchairs and several picnic benches under the two canvas canopies, there’s plenty of room for everyone to sit and feast and get to know your holiday neighbours.
We also have traditional barbecues you can freely use privately near your pod.
All the gear, plus our bookable pizza oven, can be found in the barbecue shed.
Your private bathroom
Each camping pod has its own lockable private wetroom and toilet in the handy facilities block in the same field as the pods. No more walking across a field with towels, toothbrushes or toilet paper! Simply leave what you need in your bathroom for your entire holiday.
- A large wet room walk-in shower with shower curtain
- Push button shower taps with the temperature set to ensure you have a nice warm shower
- Toilet and sink with push button hot and cold taps
- A large mirror with a shelf
- Several hooks on the wall to hang towels or clothes
- Small bench
- Auto lights – activated by movement
- Auto extractor fan – activated by movement
- Small bin
- Nappy bags
- Small step for little children to reach the sink
- Squeeze mop (just in case you need it)
- Frosted windows with small opener at the top.
There are two shared kitchenettes in the facilities block available for all guests to use. You can also use the charging lockers here for free to plug in your devices during your stay.
The kitchenettes have a shared fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, washing up sink and dish soap, a large bin and plenty of cupboard space
It’s worth noting that there is no hob or oven for ‘proper’ cooking. You can bring or hire a camp stove, use the barbecues and fire pit or get food out locally.
We have a small children’s play area within site of the Cookout Canopies with a huge 10m sandpit that kids love to spend time in. There’s a table tennis table in the Camper’s Barn and a playing field which is great for rounders, football, ball games and sports at the top of the pod field. You might find some other fun spaces to play and explore on a walk along the river and around our smallholding!
We can provide local lumpwood charcoal, firewood packs, breakfast packs and other extras to make things easier. You can also hire camping equipment packs if you don’t have your own. These include a stove, crockery, cutlery, pans and utensils – everything you might need to cook for a family.
Enjoy a pizza party and hire our wood fired pizza oven which can cook delicious home made pizzas in a couple of minutes. We provide the utensils, wood and intruction, you bring the ingredients.
If you fancy early check in at 12 noon, or late check out at 5pm, to help you make the most of your stay, do get in touch to find out availability.
To find out more, visit our shop.
What else is there?
- Free WiFi is available for guests just in case you wanted to stay connected during your stay. Simply search for ‘Higher Culloden Farm WiFi’ and connect.
- Device charging lockers are available in the kitchenettes for mobile phones or tablets. Each locker has a three pin UK plug and two USB charging ports.
- A ‘rainy day’ campers barn where guests can escape poor weather, have a meal, plan the day and play table tennis. There is also a clothes airer for drying wet gear after a day on the beach.
- Each pod has a parking space in the pod field near the facilities block.
- There is a second large fire pit if you want your own space in the top of the stargazing field. The stars are definitely best seen from here!
Want to find out what to do and where to eat?
To find out more about the local town, Camelford, where’s best to eat and shop, which beaches are nearby or what attractions to visit, find out more…Nearby
“We had such a brilliant week staying at Higher Culloden farm & were sad to leave! Spencer and India are so welcoming relaxed and helpful and make the stay really lovely. The pods are great – simple but good space, lots of storage and warm. We stayed with our two little ones (age 1 and 3) and they loved it – especially feeding the pigs, rabbits, chickens and ducks in the morning.”
Ready to book?
Use the code #BOOKDIRECTANDSAVE for £20 off#BOOKDIRECTANDSAVE