Our camping facilities
What's it like to stay on the farm?
There are five off-grid pods that sleep up to a family of four, each with their own private shower room and toilet just a short walk away, and full use of the shared facilities.
Our simple off-grid timber pods are perfect for a back-to-nature family getaway. They measure 4.8m long, 2.4m wide, and are 2.8m high inside, providing a surprising amount of space.
- Each pod sleeps up to two adults and two young children (the children’s beds are suitable up to about the age of 12)
- Plenty of under bed storage and shelving
- Like a caravan, the double bed area can turn into a large dining table
- Two magnetic rechargeable dimmable touch lights inside (but we recommend you bring a good lantern with you)
- A small fold out table
- Bedside bumpers available to ensure little ones stay tucked up in the kids’ beds (5’6″ long and about 2 foot wide)
- Double glazed window and doors
- Large decking area to the front and own picnic bench nearby
- Each pod also has a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm and fire extinguisher.
Each camping pod has its own lockable private shower room and toilet in the handy facilities block in the same field as the pods. No more walking across a field with towels, toothbrushes or toilet paper! Simply leave what you need in your bathroom for your entire holiday.
- A large wet room walk-in shower with shower curtain
- Push button shower taps with the temperature set to ensure you have a nice warm shower
- Toilet and sink with push button hot and cold taps
- A large mirror with a shelf
- Several hooks on the wall to hang towels or clothes
- Small bench
- Auto lights – activated by movement
- Auto extractor fan – activated by movement
- Small bin
- Nappy bags
- Small step for little children to reach the sink
- Squeeze mop (just in case you need it)
- Frosted windows with small opener at the top.
There are two shared kitchenettes in the facilities block available for all guests to use.
Each one comes with:
- Shared fridge
- Washing up sink and dish soap
- A large bin
- Plenty of cupboard space
You can also use the charging lockers here for free to plug in your devices during your stay.
It’s worth noting that there is no hob or oven for ‘proper’ cooking. Although you can bring or hire a camp stove and use the barbecues.
New for 2021 is our Cornish Campfire Cookout Corner. It boasts a huge 120cm diameter barbecue firepit with four barbecue grills, dutch oven, marshmallow forks and roasting pan for some epic pitmaster-style barbecue evenings that could cater for the whole site!
With four wooden armchairs and several picnic benches under the two canvas canopies, there’s plenty of room for everyone to sit and feast and get to know your holiday neighbours.
We also have traditional barbecues you can freely use privately near your pod.
We have a small children’s play area with a huge 10m sandpit that kids young and old love to spend time in. There are also a couple of trikes, swings and slides for younger children and a playing field with goal posts which is great for rounders, ball games and sports at the top of the pod field.
- Free WiFi is available for guests just in case you wanted to stay connected during your stay. Simply search for ‘Higher Culloden Farm WiFi’ and connect.
- Device charging lockers are available in the kitchenettes for mobile phones or tablets. Each locker has a three pin UK plug and two USB charging ports.
- A basic ‘rainy day’ barn where guests can escape poor weather, have a meal, or play games. There is also a clothes airer for drying wet gear after a day on the beach.
- Each pod has a parking space in the pod field near the facilities block.
We can provide breakfast packs, local lumpwood charcoal, firewood and other extras to make things easier. You can also hire camping equipment packs if you don’t have your own. These include a stove, crockery, cutlery, pans and utensils.
If you fancy early check in at 12 noon, or late check out at 5pm, to help you make the most of your stay, do get in touch to find out availability.
Or for maximum indulgence, have one of our local massage therapists visit your pod during your holiday! Booked in advance.
To find out more, see the full list of extras, or to book any, visit our shop.
Want to find out what to do and where to eat?
To find out more about the local town, Camelford, where’s best to eat and shop, which beaches are nearby or what attractions to visit, find out more…Nearby
“We had such a brilliant week staying at Higher Culloden farm & were sad to leave! Spencer and India are so welcoming relaxed and helpful and make the stay really lovely. The pods are great – simple but good space, lots of storage and warm. We stayed with our two little ones (age 1 and 3) and they loved it – especially feeding the pigs, rabbits, chickens and ducks in the morning.”
Ready to book?
Use the code #BOOKDIRECTANDSAVE for £20 off#BOOKDIRECTANDSAVE